Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Illamasqua Lament, Scarab, Baptiste, & Harsh

I have some gorgeous Illamasqua polishes to share with you all today. I've admired Illamasqua from afar for a long time now and have finally gotten my hands on some of their products. The first polish I have to show you is called Lament and it's a beautiful creamy coral shade. I consider Lament a coral but it definitely leans more on the pink side than orange.


Scarab is an absolutely STUNNING deep red shimmer than appears to blacken around the edges of my nails. Shades like this are so awesome and this one is so incredibly perfect for the upcoming fall season. You can bet I will be wearing this often.


I've had Baptiste the longest out of all of these shades and it really started my interested in Illamasqua as a brand. Baptiste is a gorgeous deep purple shimmer. You know I love purple and this is no exception. A perfect formula makes in an all around win.


Harsh is a silver glitter that is very dense. I used one coat here over Baptiste. It covered really well in one coat and I could imagine that you could easily get full coverage in two or three coats.


The formula was absolutely perfect on all of these. I used two coats for all the swatches except for Harsh. Illamasqua nail polishes retail for $14 here in the States and can be purchased from Sephora, as well as the actual Illamasqua website, although they are considerably more expensive on the latter page.

Do you own any Illamasqua products? If so, do you love them? If not, which ones would you like to try out?

13 comments:

  1. you know, I never knew I'd one day say this...I really love that pink! One that I'd actually buy and wear without feeling too awkward (because pink don't suit my personality). Lament, a pink love at first sight! hehe~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Viridian and love it! I'd also really like to get Nomad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scarab looks soooo lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your swatches are incredible! I have Scarab, but somehow my nail wheel swatch doesn't show it glowing like yours. So I guess I'm going to have to wear it for a full mani to see its true beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love scarab! It's like a pink & a coral, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Scarab and Baptiste and they are gorgeous! Saw that the LE Hemlock is brought back-do you have that to swatch?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the look of Scarab and Baptiste here. But also the pinky/coral cream looks lush. I don't own any of this brand. The tiny Sephora that is closest to me (still over 100 miles) does not have this line. I really want to play with it in person before I pick up any so waiting until I am in a larger city and have time/proximity to hit a big mall. Such is the life of a rural polish-holic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you love nail polish- they have 99 cent sale @ coastal scents
    http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/439247?rpi=76704078&ref=personalized-link-box-76704078&rui=100800583

    Coastal Scents for $12 get $25 to spend online on cosmetics, bath, and body products

    shipping is extra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all on you <3 I really like Lament on you, but I think Baptiste is definitely my favorite!!! Sooo gorgeous on your nails, seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.