Friday, August 3, 2012

Germany by OPI Collection

Happy Friday! I didn't originally plan to post these today, but I worked all day yesterday to get them swatched and ready and decided that I didn't want to wait. So please enjoy the newest OPI collection for Fall 2012 named after and inspired by the country Germany.

Schnapps Out of It! is a warm rosey mauve shade with very fine silver shimmer. The formula on this one was a little thick, but nothing that can't be fixed with a few drops of thinner.


My Very First Knockwurst is a beautiful pale nude-pink.  It's a nice "palette cleansing" shade after all the bright colors I've been wearing lately.


Deutsch You Want Me Baby? is a stunning orangey-red metallic that unfortunately did not photograph properly. The color is pretty close but the you can't see the shimmer too well in the photo since it's so reflective.


Suzi & the 7 Dusseldorfs is a bright, royal purple shimmer. Just about any purple polish would be a win in my book :P


Don't Pretzel My Buttons has one of my favorite names in the whole collection, but isn't really one of my favorite shades. The formula was good, but the color doesn't really flatter my skintone. 


Unfor-greta-bly Blue is full of win. This is a fantastic shimmery sapphire blue with a great formula.


Don't Talk Bach to Me is a weird, yellowy lime color with fine silver shimmer that I'm sure is considered one of those "so ugly it's pretty" shades. Yellow-leaning polishes don't generally work for me, but I might be able to use this color for some nail art someday.


Berlin There Done That reminds me of one of my very favorite Zoya shades (Jana) and is a great neutral taupe for fall. These kind of shades look so fashionable and perfect in the fall months.


Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine! is a blackened green, reminiscent of a dark olive. This is a very fitting fall shade. 


Danke-Shiny Red is a pretty holiday red, full of glowing shimmer.


I truly saved the best for last, so prepare your eyeballs. This is Every Month is Oktoberfest, a stunning deep plum packed full of beautiful shimmer. This actually had a blue-ish tint to it on the first coat, but turned totally purple on the second.


And last but certainly not least is German-icure by OPI, which is one of those incredible reds that seems to become darker around the edges of your nails and really glow from within. I am such a sucker for shimmers like this.


So that's the OPI Germany collection! What do you think? Are there any of these that you absolutely have to have? Which ones will you be skipping? These polishes will be available for purchase sometime in August and will retail at $8.50. Come back on Monday to see the two new DS shades that OPI is releasing!

*Product(s) in this post were provided for my honest review.*

19 comments:

  1. Schnapps Out of It is definitely my favorite. Such a gorgeous rose color!! OMG <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning swatches! Thank you for not waiting with the swatches :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. o00!! the knockwurst and pretzel ones are my fave colors, but where the heck do they come up with these names? haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm chomping at the bit for this collection! The only one I don't want is the yellow one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen swatches of OPI Germany, but none of them have made me fall in love until I saw yours! Oktoberfest looks super awesome in your photo, I might have to get my hands on a bottle! And Knockwurst is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are a couple that jump out but I'm not really sold on this collection. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely!!! Fantastic swatches!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you've done it. I was convinced I only needed Oktoberfest but now I think I might need them all. Every last one!!!! Your swatches are absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ive expected more of this collection. The OPI Holland collection is way better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it. I am looking forward to these shades

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Chelsa, I can't believe it - you made all of these go from meh to WOW ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the last one ist the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!!! When I first saw pics of this collection I wasn't planning on getting any of them, but now I just might have to pick up a few! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I NEED some of these polishes....now haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I am loving these! MUST HAVE~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.