Friday, June 29, 2012

China Glaze IDK

I'm slowly working on swatching the China Glaze OMG polishes that I managed to get a hold of, so today I have IDK for you guys. IDK is a light purple linear holographic polish. The same formula issues apply to this one as well as the rest of the collection sadly. It drags and creates bald spots no matter how long I wait in between coats. It doesn't last very long without chipping unless you topcoat-sandwich it, but it's just so gorgeous that I can almost excuse all those problems.


The top photo is with flash and this bottom photo is just under a daylight bulb. I'm always impressed at how holographic these are every time I wear one. I'm hoping China Glaze will realize how popular these were and bring them back eventually!

10 comments:

  1. got it and love it!!! my only omg polish!! What is this top coat sandwich thing you mention? Have you tried wearing it with an aqua base coat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe top-coat sandwiching is when you put the color, then top coat, then color and continue until you have the desired number of coats. You do this with mattes so you don't loose the matte finish but are still able to get it to last with a top coat. She mentioned it in another one of her posts I believe.

      Delete
    2. The top coat sandwich is just what Kayla-Kathleen said, you basically "sandwich" the top coat in between layers of the holo polish. I have a cheap aqua base equivalent but it doesn't seem to work very well sadly.

      Delete
  2. Too bad about all the problems with the polish! It's so pretty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad the whole collection is HTF now cuz I'm so drooling over them right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so gorgeous !
    I hope too

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG so jealous of you right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.