Thursday, June 14, 2012

KBShimmer The Neon Collection Swatches

Recently, I was lucky enough to be picked by Christy at KBShimmer to swatch some polishes for her shop! This was an incredibly cool opportunity and I'm so thankful that Christy chose me and sent so many of her beautiful creations to photograph! Since she will be opening shop this coming Monday, I thought I'd post some of the swatches for you all. These are five of the six colors from the new Neon Collection. The purple, Midsummer's Night, was swatched by my lovely friend at Love for Lacquer and can be seen here. I also need to mention that these photos are purposefully a bit on the dark side because the true color of the neon shows up better that way. In reality, they are very bright! Also, all photos show three coats of color with one coat of Seche Vite top coat.

First up is Shattered Heart, a gorgeous hot pink neon with black bar, hex, and heart glitter! Neons with glitter are a totally new thing for me and this one is just so awesome. The formula was fantastic as well and I didn't have any issue getting the bigger glitters pieces out of the bottle.


Up next, in rainbow order, is Orange-A-Peel. This one is seriously packed with glitter! It has pink, white, and orange glitter in different sizes and shapes. Orange is really popular for nails right now and the glitter in Orange-A-Peel really takes it up a notch!


This is Glowstick, a glow-in-the-dark neon yellow with STAR GLITTER. Yes, that needed to be capitalized! The star glitter is pretty sparse and I did have to fish for one, but it really puts this polish over the edge. The formula on this, for being a neon yellow, was really fantastic and I'm totally loving the smaller glitter too.


Radioactive is another glow-in-the-dark polish, but this time it's a neon green with black glitter a la Shattered Heart, but with no hearts. I wasn't able to get any decent pics of this glowing in the dark, but take my word for it, it really does! I'm normally not a huge fan of green, but this one really rocks!


Lastly is my favorite from the neons that I tried, Watercolor. Watercolor is a stunning bright blue packed with purple, pink, teal, blue, and holographic glitter. This color combination is absolutely perfect and the formula was as well. It doesn't hurt that I'm a sucker for blue and purple! :P


KBShimmer will be listing polishes for sale on Monday. As far as I know, there is not a set time, but Christy expects to have plenty of polish available for everyone. To keep updated with her, you can like KBShimmer on Facebook and browse her online store.

*Product(s) in this post were provided for swatching purposes. I have reviewed them with my honest opinions.*

16 comments:

  1. Wow!! Incredible polishes... ♥ them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watercolor and Shattered Heart are so promising!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fantastic!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I think I just fell in love with the hot pink and the blue. Amazing polishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh my.. Watercolor Watercolor is amazeballs. Adding that to my never ending wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Orange-A-Peel! But they are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow i love the first and last ones!! she did a really great job on the base/glitter opacity :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, those look awesome! I could skip the pink but the rest looks really interesting. Need to stalk her store on monday because every time I checked her Etsy store in the past I couldn't find any nail polishes. Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you!!! I love the blue and green, gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shattered Heart and watercolor are like woww

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE orange-a-peel. Great swatches as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! these are very different. Love #1

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love Watercolor! Do you remember if you used another color as underwear, or if not, how many coats of Watercolor did you use for your swatch? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.