Monday, June 25, 2012

Deborah Lippman Mermaid's Dream & Zoya Wednesday

If I could stand to only have one manicure for the entire summer, this would be it. Seriously, I can't think of a more appropriate summer mani, especially for a trip to the beach! This is two coats of Zoya Wednesday on my index and pinky nails and two coats of Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream on my middle and ring nails. I've worn Wednesday many times, but this is the first for Mermaid's Dream. It has very good coverage, but does dry with a bit of a texture even after two coats of topcoat; it really didn't bother me at all though.

I also need to note that there is a bit of shimmer on my index finger and I'm not sure where it came from; I must have picked it up with my top coat brush and transferred it by accident. Wednesday is not actually shimmery!


And here's a quick Instagram shot for you! In case you didn't know, I finally joined Instagram last week and you can follow me @thenailnetwork :) Oh, and don't forget to enter my blog birthday giveaway!

25 comments:

  1. Mermaids dream is so gorgeous. I'm loving it, and I love how you've paired it with Zoya so not to over do the glitter over all the nails xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree! These 2 go so well together! Mermaid's Dream is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect combination. It looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to get Mermaid's Dream. Never tried Deborah Lippman polishes yet, but this looks like the ideal first one to try. So pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to stretch your more expensive polishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to laugh, I'm wearing almost the exact same combo except I'm using the UO dupe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you broke up MD with Wed. It looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. Are there any MD dupes out there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that I know of, Allie. Trust me though, MD is worth the $$!

      Delete
  9. This is very pretty! I love teals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the two colors together! And the more swatches I see of Mermaids Dream the more I feel I need it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty love the combination

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy wow! This is gorgeous. I love both these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. both of the colors are extremely nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning combination! Really got to get my hands on some more Deborah Lippmann's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love these colors together! I think Mermaid's Dream is a bit much to wear alone aka on all nails, but I LOVE it as an accent or as several accents ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was never a huge fan of Mermaid's Dream until now! These polishes were practically made for each other!
    Even thought it was a total accident, I think the shimmer looks pretty on Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. MD is actually going to be my next buy! Your picture looks awesome btw.

    ReplyDelete
  18. god this combo is just perfect !!!!!!!!! it's absolutely fabulous!
    I need this two polishes !!!<3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks great with Wednesday! I love looking at Mermaid Dream but not thrilled with the lumpy finish...but that's me, I never had liked grit and lumps one has to put up with for some of the popular effect/glitter based polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always strongly against lumpy finishes too until I wore Mermaid's Dream. I can get it decently smooth with two coats of top coat and it's so pretty that the little bit of texture doesn't bother me at all!

      Delete
  20. Where can I find these polishes? Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.