Friday, June 8, 2012

China Glaze DV8

I'm sure almost all of you reading this know how gorgeous and hard to get the China Glaze OMG collection is, so it should be no surprise to you that it took me ages to track down the bunch that I have. Unfortunately, they are a bit of a pain to wear; they chip quickly and top coat dulls the holo effect. For that reason, you have to "sandwich" these colors (base coat, color, topcoat, color) in order for them to last more than a day. I rarely ever wear them because of that, but I thought it was about time for me to swatch and post about them here.


This is DV8, a stunning linear teal holo. The formula is just okay; I had some dragging with the first coat, but it evened out with two. These holographic polishes are pretty hard to come by now, but you might get lucky and find someone who is willing to swap one!

11 comments:

  1. OMG this is an absolutely stunning holographic polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such holo goodness!!! Thanks for sharing the tip on how to layer it. I didn't know that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best turcoise i have ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Several of the holos have the same application issues! :( I will say that I did not have those issues with the Ozotic holos. I did use base and udies but with one coat of the holo and no top coat, they lasted several days. I clean daily and had no chipping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. I am totally drooling over this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Drool*. Oh I so wish I could get my hands on this!! I am in LOVE with teal. And a HOLO teal at that?!?! OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love DV8! I'm so glad I found it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK your nails are perfection! Am so jealous! I try so hard to do the square nail and I fail horribly every time! Stunning my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.