Friday, July 27, 2012

Paint Box Polish Gryffindor & Slytherin

When Pam from Paint Box Polish contacted me about reviewing some of her handmade polish, all she had to do was mention that they were Harry Potter-themed and I was totally in! Pam created four nail polishes that correspond to the four houses of Hogwarts. She sent Gryffindor and Slytherin for my consideration.

I swatched Gryffindor first and seriously, my jaw dropped when I got finished. Gryffindor is a stunning metallic crimson red with gold shimmer.


Look at that shimmer! AHHHH I DIE. I am thrilled that an indie maker has finally made HP polish and done it so well at that.


Slytherin is a deep metallic green with silver shimmer. The silver shimmer doesn't photograph as well as the gold in Gryffindor does, but it is definitely still there. This would look insane with a foily silver accent nail!


You can faintly see the silver shimmer around the edges of my nail in this macro shot. So pretty!


I was really impressed with the formula on these polishes too; they applied perfectly in two coats and I didn't experience any streaking or dragging. If you are a total book nerd like me and love anything Harry Potter, you need to pick these up! And luckily for you, I have a special code for my readers :) Use code NAILNETWORK20 to get 20% off your order at Paint Box Polish on Etsy for 30 days from today.

*Product(s) in this post were provided for my honest review.*

14 comments:

  1. wow, gorgeous polishes!!
    I love the green one. Oh no... i love them both! :)
    And the shimmer is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a self proclaimed Harry Potter addict so I am loving these! Slytherin is amazing and a new must have for me, even though I am a Gryffindor myself :) You always have the greatest pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I am a Slytherin at heart, I soooo want all of these! Lol. This would have been a perfect addition to my outfit for the last midnight movie release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures and nails are beautiful! Thanks for the awesome review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color is really spot on for the Gryffindor polish. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have these! I bought the whole set a few months ago- aren't they awesome?! As I told her, I adore that they're understated representations of each house. Ravenclaw's blue has copper shimmer, and Hufflepuff's yellow has black glitter in it. Love them all!! I've tried encouraging people to check out the shop- I'm so glad to see a great post on them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so beautiful! That Gryffindor is just ... wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are amazingly gorgeous, but the first one is the best ♥.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE Gryffindor. Now this is what I wish more home polish makers were doing. I cannot possibly get more glitters like so many home polish makers are doing...there are too many and I don't need any more no matter what the shades or type of glitter or mix there of - ENOUGH already. So applause to Pam here. She's doing what will last. Gryffindor would look fab fall, winter and early spring where I live most certainly. I am going to look at her shop right now and mark it to my favs list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the shimmers in these polishes make me do a double take. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They really are gorgeous but the first one is slightly better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that red is stunning! I'm headed over there now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.