Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July Mani (& Fireworks!)

Happy Independence Day to my fellow US citizens! I hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday! I had the cutest idea in mind for my July 4th mani but it didn't work out the way I wanted (huge bummer!), so this is my back up design. I haven't done a french mani in a long time, so I actually really enjoyed wearing this.


I started out with two coats of Confetti Pink Paradise on all my nails except my ring nail, which got two coats of China Glaze First Mate and one of Polished Perfection Servo. The french tips were done with hole reinforcers and Confetti The Red Carpet and Julep America (I know I said I'd never use Julep on the blog again, but I didn't have any patriotic glitters, so I swapped for this one). The silver is a Jordana striping polish.


And just for fun, I thought I'd post some photos of our family fireworks show from last night. This is a new tradition for us and it's really awesome! Please enjoy :) 

14 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July to all of you there! :)
    Your designs and swatches are always neat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very pretty! If I were you, I wouldn't want to remove this mani for one whole week (that's a real long time for me, heehee) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure Awesomeness! I love how the star sits on your index finger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, it's patriotic bu not overpowering

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful firework with gorgeous pics!!!
    love your nails as well<3 Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE this design! Happy 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wauw, beautiful. I like the way your ringfinger is totally different but still fits with the other fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 4th of July! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty mani - I also had a fail on my first 4th pedi attempt. This one looks fresh and clean. I am not a big fan of glitters anymore - got over saturated with 'em - so discovered I don't have a red/white/blue kind of glitter mix - I am sure I passed 'em over because like the red/green ones - you only have a rare option to wear them. No fireworks but for some far away pay for the afternoon and eve at a couple wineries and watch their display. It's far too dangerous to sell them where I live due to fire. The fog rolled in so the couple beach cities (I live in one of em) were kind of a waste of time to have tried to battle the traffic/crowds. I went up on a hillside close to home to look down on the bay in my home town - but nothing to be seen except a few flashes of light on the fog clouds and a lot of big bang sounds. Some years it clears - some it does not. Right now I am glad for the fog we have had more of than not in the past 8 weeks...keeping us cool when much of the US is super hot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the hole reinforcers idea! I usually use tape, a striping brush or a nail art brush. I'll have to try those out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love the double funky. I need to try that so bad!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.