Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cover Girl Tropical Fusion Eye Shadow Quad

Good morning everybody! If you've been around The Nail Network for a while, you know that I normally don't post on the weekends, but I have something a little special that I'm trying out today: my very first eye post! I hope you guys like this because I'm really excited to share it with you! :)


I used all four shades in the Cover Girl Tropical Fusion eye shadow quad for this look. I started with Urban Decay Primer Potion and blended the two blue shades, with the turquoise on the inner lid and royal blue on the outer lid. I was really surprised at the color payoff for these shadows; they were pretty good for how cheap they were!


I used the yellow-green shade on the inner corner of my eye and above the two blue shades, though it's hard to tell. I applied the orange with a wet angled brush as liner underneath my eye. I finished this look off with a coat of Maybelline Great Lash mascara. The photo below is focused on my lashes so you can see the sparkle in the blue shadows.


And here's a better shot of the blending... I definitely need to find a new mascara and get something to fill in my brows, but other than that, I'm very happy with how this first look turned out! I hope you enjoyed it and please feel free to give me some feedback in the comments below! :D

10 comments:

  1. This looks stunning on your eyes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have beautiful eyes ! and I love what you did !
    http://cocosnailss.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this quad & love it, maybe I need to whip it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you do my makeup every day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gawd, please do not do makeup, you already had me addicted to nail polish!!!! LOL I kid, it looks awesome, please do more, and I am so going to get this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! A pitty I can't do this with myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! And thanks for sharing shadow that doesn't cost 30 bucks for a compact!

    ReplyDelete
  8. blinc mascara. Pricey, but it lasts forever and I will never use another. It's lash tube mascara (or beauty tube or whatever they call it) and it doesn't BUDGE which is great for me because I am so used to my makeup smudging under my eyes and collecting there all day. It comes off pretty easily with just soap and water (or just water. or pinching it off with damp fingers) at the end of the day and it makes my fair eyelashes stand out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.