Monday, November 3, 2014

Game of Thrones Targaryen Dragons Nail Art

Okay, so I know I said I didn't have time for nail art because I was too busy catching up on swatches, but I got this idea in my head last week and absolutely had to sit down and do it right away before I lost the inspiration. If you didn't know, I'm a huge Game of Thrones fan (books and TV show) and I couldn't resist doing some nail art based on Daenerys's dragons.

Viserion is a cream-colored dragon with golden horns and accents. For this design, I started out with a base of OPI My Vampire's Buff and sponged OPI Going My Way or Norway randomly over the base. I used Zoya Ziv and Bundle Monster plate 215 to stamp the dragon scale image over the base and top it with a coat of KBShimmer Clearly on Top. I wanted to see what the designs looked like matte as well, so the second photo shows a coat of Essie Matte About You over the design.


Drogon is a black dragon with blood red horns; his egg had swirls of scarlet on the black scales. I started out here with a base of A England Dorian Grey and sponged OPI German-icure over it. I used just a regular black polish to stamp the scale pattern over the base. I definitely prefer this one shiny, but I like the appearance of texture that the matte look has.


Rhaegal is the third and last dragon; his coloring is green and bronze. I started off with Zoya Hunter as my base here and sponged Zoya Edyta. I originally stamped the dragon scales with China Glaze Jolly Holly, but you could barely see them, so I stamped again with China Glaze Argo and I'm happier with the result. I think I like these better matte.


Please tell me that I'm not the only one who is going through Game of Thrones withdrawal!? I finished all the books so far and we are all caught up on the series so I guess my only options are to rewatch and reread until April (??) when the show comes back. But let's talk in the meantime... Who is your favorite character? Any word on when the next book will be out?

7 comments:

  1. I've never seen the Game of Thrones, but I do love these three looks! My favorite is the 1st one since it's so unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cool!! Especially Drogon, the combination of matte and shiny is brilliant. Yes I have been following the tv programme and man I love how vast the world is. Don't know about favourite character, Brienne of Tarth? But randomly I love Gendry and obviously Hodor :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. satta king
    play bazaar

    play bazaar
    play bazaar Hamse koi gila ho jaye to maaf karna,
    yaad na kar paaye to maaf karna,
    dil se to hum aapko kabhi bhulte nahi,
    per yeh dhadkan hi ruk jaaye to maaf karna...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.