Wednesday, November 5, 2014

KBShimmer Summer 2014 Collection Swatches/Review

Good morning all! This is KBShimmer's second collection for Summer 2014 and boy did they nail it! I love their collections because they are so diverse, vibrant, and fun. There's such a good mix of glitter toppers, cremes, jellies, and creme-based glitters here that you're sure to find something you love.

Red, White, & Blue-tiful is a glitter topper with red, white, and silver stars and silver microglitter. This is one coat dabbed over Lo and Be Bold from the Early Summer collection. The star glitter was super easy to get out of the bottle.


Happily Ever Aster is a gorgeous mix of aqua, lavender, white, and purple glitter in a clear base. This is one coat over Right as Reign.


Radiant Orchid is a very on-point shade as far as trends go. This pinkish purple shade has a perfect formula and coverage in two coats.


Scribble Me This is a glitter topper consisting of a mix of different shapes, including stars, triangles, and circles, in neon shades. This is two coats over Radient Orchid.


Mixed Peelings is one of my very favorite. Nobody does full coverage white-based glitters like KBShimmer! This one consists of neon green, yellow, and pink glitter in a white base that was perfect in two coats.


Mint-al Vacation is a fabulous mint holographic polish! The holo effect is faint in my photo but gorgeous outside in the sunlight. I'm wearing two easy coats.


Periwinkle in Time is a beautiful periwinkle shade of blue with blue, silver, and purple glitter interspersed. This is two coats and the formula was fantastic, plus there's circle glitter in here!


You're So Shellfish is the amazing, vibrant cousin to my all time favorite neon, China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy. However, You're So Shellfish wears SO much better than FFF so it officially moves into the top spot on my favorite neon list. This is two coats.


Look High and Holo is a berry-toned jelly with a festive mix of glitter inside. Jellies are my least favorite nail polish finish, but this one is really pretty. I used three coats here but would recommend layering it over a matching raspberry shade if you wanted an opaque look.


Peak My Interest is a jelly as well, but I got slightly better coverage here with three coats. This pretty pink base is filled with purple and white glitter, including triangles!


Sea You Around is the last of the jellies and is an emerald green base with silver and purple glitter. I love the circles in this one! This is three coats and you can't see any nail line under normal lighting conditions even though you can see it under my lamp here.


Sweet Wave is a fabulous, candy sweet mix of yellow, pink, aqua, and white glitter in a clear base. This is two coats over Let's Not Coral (from Early Summer collection). Love it!


This collection is still available on KBShimmer's website, so head on over there to pick up some summer cheer! It's hard for me to pick a number one favorite out of this collection, so I'll give you my top three: You're So Shellfish, Mint-al Vacation, and Mixed Peelings. Agree or disagree? Which one is your favorite?

The products in this post were provided for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.