Thursday, November 6, 2014

2014 Holiday Gift Guide for Nail Polish Lovers

Can you believe that it's November already?? The holidays are right around the corner and I know a lot of you have already started your holiday shopping, so I thought I'd put together this post for those of you who are shopping for polish lovers! Do you have a friend who considers herself a nail polish enthusiast? Do you want to get her something for the holidays but don't want to resort to the typical holiday polish sets? Well, here are my suggestions for great gifts for nail lovers!

1. Subscription service - Who wouldn't love to keep on getting gifts after the holidays? For strictly nail polish, SquareHue is a great option. They send three custom curated polishes each month according to the latest trends. If your budget is a little bigger and your giftee has interests outside of nail polish, you may want to consider the PopSugar Must Have box. PopSugar sends you a box full of items from beauty products to snacks to home goods and everything in between each month. I've gotten quite a few of these boxes and they are great!

Cost: $19.99/month shipped for SquareHue, $39.95 for PopSugar Must Have.


2. Nail polish ornaments - Get down with your crafty self and make your perfectly polished secret santa a one-of-a-kind gift with her favorite shade! Check out my tutorial on how to create one of these gorgeous (and simple!) ornaments. My brothers made a set for me last Christmas and they are one of my favorite gifts.

Cost: Approximately $7 for a package of 12 glass ornaments, plus cost of polish


3. Book of nail art ideas – Shameless plug here! My book, 500 Nail Designs, would make an excellent (and affordable) gift for the nail art lover in your life! Give them the gift of inspiration this season and while you're at it, you could volunteer for them to practice their nail art skills on you! ;)

Cost: $16.66-24.99 depending on where you purchase 


4. Nail polish jewelry - Does your secret santa love wearing glittery jewelry? Why not let her wear her favorite polish shade in a necklace or ring while she's not rocking it on her nails? You can find lots of nail polish jewelry by searching on Etsy or you could buy the supplies and make it yourself. I dabbled in it for a while so if you have any questions on how to get started, feel free to shoot me an email! It's not as hard as you might think.

Cost: The pre-made jewelry can be bought for $10 upwards. It would cost around $40 to get set up to create your own; however, you will be able to create 15-20 pieces of jewelry with that amount.


5. Nail kit in a jar - I made one of these for my secret santa at work last year and it turned out so cute! She loves pink, so I gathered a couple of pink polishes, a cuticle oil, top coat, nail file, and a mini bottle of Zoya Remove+ and arranged them all on top of a bed of cotton balls in a large jar. She loved it and it had a great homemade touch. You could also include some nail decals, a couple of stamping plates, a stamper, loose glitter, nail strengthener, or lotion, depending on your giftee's nail needs and interests.

Cost: You can make this one as cheap or as expensive as you like, but I'd say the base cost would be somewhere between $10-15.

 
So there you have it! I know that holiday shopping can be stressful at times, so I hope you found this guide to be helpful and that it makes your holiday gift giving a little bit easier. Happy shopping!

5 comments:

  1. This is a great post! Great ideas for polish lovers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I don't just ditch my blog digests when I get behind, lol. These are such smart ideas - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. satta king
    play bazaar

    play bazaar
    play bazaar Tera Na Milna Mera Naseeb Hi Sahi Lekin,
    Meri Qismat Mein Likha Hai Tujhe toot ke Chahna…….

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.