Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Super Sweet Sonnetarium Swatch Spam!

You guys know by now that I've been taking a ride on the indie polish bandwagon recently and that that I've found some pretty incredible stuff on Etsy, but believe me when I say that these polishes from Michelle at Sonnetarium blew me away. Not only are her polishes amazing, but Michelle herself is a total sweetheart, please read on...

Samurai Princess is Michelle's take on Lynnderella Connect the Dots/Stick & Stones/whatever other dupes are out there. It will not be for sale in her shop, as she would like to avoid the drama associated with duping Lynns (understandably!!). However, a week or so ago when I was trolling the Facebook polish groups looking for CtD or S&S, Michelle kindly messaged me and asked if I'd like her to send me the dupe that she created, as well as some of the other polishes she was working on to review. Of course I said "yes, yes, yes, please!" and you will not believe how excited I was to get her package! Not only is Samurai Princess everything that I was looking for, her other polishes turned out to be INCREDIBLE. But you'll see them in a minute! First, here is two coats of SP layered over China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy. I know the photo is a little under-exposed, but I think the neon in FFF shows up a little better that way. This combo is so freaking awesome!


Up next is two coats of the beautiful Snowfall over my favorite neutral, Zoya Kennedy. I could not believe how gorgeous this was when I started applying it. It is perfectly "winter" but I can't stop myself from wanting to wear it right now! Snowfall is made up of different sizes of white hex glitter and small round iridescent glitter.


If nothing else, I love Big Girl Panties just for the name! This one consists of large black hex, black bar, silver hex, and small black and silver glitter. I have two coats of it here layered over Essie Mesmerize. This would look insane layered over a neon!


It's so hard for me to pick a favorite from these polishes, but This Land, a mix of turquoise, teal, and blue glitter, is definitely up there in the ranking! Since I've had it sitting on my desk, I've picked it up a dozen times just to spin it around and watch all the glitter sparkle in the bottle. I've layered two coats of This Land over Zoya Zuza for these photos (and I've made myself a pair of earrings with this combo already :P).


And lastly, we have Weapons of Mass Consumption, a mish mash of large, small, silver, and gold glitter. I love the name of this one too and how the glitters remind me of little silver and gold coins. I did two easy coats here over Zoya Tru. I originally was planning to layer Weapons of Mass Consumption over a gold foil, but decided the gold metallic finish would compete too much with the glitter.


Michelle will be restocking her Etsy store in mid-to-late June, so make sure you mark your calendars and check it out! I'll post a reminder on my FB/Twitter pages when she opens! :) 

*Product(s) in this post were provided for my honest review.*

31 comments:

  1. Wow!! I ♥ the first combo! Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the combos that you've made ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I LOVE these! They're all so gorgeous but I think Snowfall is my favourite by the smallest margin :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, these are stunning! <3 My favorite is Snowfall :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhhh. YOU.NEED.LOTTA.ZEBRA!!!!!! She made it for me based on my inspiration and it's Ah Mazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I really like Snowfall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous glitters! Snowfall and WMC are my favorites of these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just added her Etsy store to my list of favorites. Her polishes look great! Let's hope she ships internationally :) I also like the colors you layered them over!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Snowfall and Samurai Princess are to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutly love all of these combos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Samurai Princess and Flip Flop Fantasy combo!!! It looks like paint splatter!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look great. I am going to check out her shop. I think that she should sell her CTD dupe. I have the "original" FINALLY. I have to say that some of the Etsy polishes I got in the long wait for the first one are by far, better. I think that it is nice to be able to just buy a polish I like and not feel like a little kid who is getting in trouble for asking for something they don't deserve. Thanks Heavens for free enterprise! Just my two cents of the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I'm not a fan of CtD (because of the bar glitter), I completely agree with you. Mountains made out of mole hills, I tell ya.

      Delete
  13. I've never heard of this brand before! I LOVE Snowfall!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of these combos, especially that last one. Beautiful polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could seriously spend hours looking at your nails; they're so perfect! (hopefully that didn't sound too creepy haha). I'm gonna be on my toes for Snowfall!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, these combos are amazing. I love the holo sparkle some of the glitters have. Even though I own a BUNCH of the new-ish Sally Hansen Diamond Strength and Spoiled glitters, I'm not really a big "glitter top coat" girl (please don't hurt me!). But, every time I see some of these incredible indie brands, I always tell myself that I have to start wearing them more.

    OK, I know that I might get tarred nd feathered for this but, since Lynnderella went off the grid after that whole Cover Band debacle, there have been like 3 or 4 more CtD-type polishes to come out. If she was pissed about the 1st one (which was totally uncalled for, IMHO), she must be FUUUUUUMMMMING now!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't think she should be mad, she started off by making dupes herself...or making them "better". So yes, your friend should sell the first polish and not made to feel guilty. So far I love what I have been seeing on Etsy! I have even made a glitter polish treasury list, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. these are beautiful manis and photos <3 love these glitters

    ReplyDelete
  19. where can i get the glitter polishes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link to Michelle's Etsy store is at the end of the blog post. :)

      Delete
  20. I bought WmC and Snowfall after seeing this post and I adore them! Zoya Kennedy is my big favourite too so I'm excited to see it with Snowfall. Thanks for the brilliant blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Snowfall is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.