Monday, May 14, 2012

Spongebob Squarepants Bikini Bottom Mani

Confession: I'm a giant child and I still watch Spongebob Squarepants by choice and I loooooove it (I know it's mindless garbage, don't judge me!). I've had the idea for this mani for a long time now and I finally just sat down and did it over the weekend. I'm really happy with how it turned out :D


I started out with two coats of Zoya Wednesday and sponged RBL Aqua Lily and CND Anchor Blue to make the underwater gradient. I freehanded the flowery shapes with a small nail art brush using China Glaze Lemon Fizz, Zoya Lotus, Shelby, and Arizona. My gradient looks smoother in person than in the photos, but that's really my only complaint with this one! 


Here is the image I looked at for inspiration (quality is crappy, sorry!):

16 comments:

  1. sweet and simple and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I want this on my nails =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fellow adult Spongebob fan and I love these! You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha love it! I still love Spongebob too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love spongebob! Granted, I have little sisters who like it so I can just use them as an excuse to watch it haha. This looks so realistic to the actual show, it so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've never watched SpongeBob, so i love this mani for what it is. Gloriously colourful, really love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratys it's perfect =) !!! don't be ashamed, I'm a sucker for some cartoons :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I love this! I love Spongebob too haha. I was actually planning on doing Spongebob nails like this later this week but you beat me to it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool! I love Spongebob...although I think the older episodes are way better than the newer ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soooo cute!! I love Spongebob too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.