Tuesday, May 29, 2012

All That Glitters Swatches

MORE GLITTER! I hope you guys aren't getting sick of all this crazy glitter because I'm definitely not! Today I have some beauties from All That Glitters to show you. At the time that I'm writing this, there are a bunch of polishes up on Etsy, so go check them out (after you finish reading this post, of course!).  ;P

First up is two coats of Rebel Rebel on top of Essie Nice is Nice. Rebel Rebel has a tinted purple base with purple, white, and silver glitter mixed in. As you can see, there's a bunch of different shapes of glitter, such as square, bar, and hex. Since the base is tinted, you could probably wear this on it's own, but I wanted a more opaque look so I chose to layer it.


Ziggy Stardust is one of my top picks out of these five polishes. I layered two coats of it over Sinful Colors Luminary and just loved it. Like the previous color, Ziggy Stardust also has square, hex, and bar glitter, but this time it's white and gold and suspended is a slightly coral-tinted base.


Here is The Jean Genie, same situation as the first two polishes, but blue! I have it over Zoya Kristen here. The base is slightly tinted blue and has a bit of a pearly finish to it, so it spices up the creme underneath. I learned with this bottle that I should leave it sitting upside down before I plan to use it; the big glitter is easier to get out!


Very Peacock-ish is an interesting polish. I layered two coats of it over Essie Go Overboard and as you can see, it altered the base color a lot! It looks really neat though, almost mermaid-like. The large hex glitters were pretty difficult to fish out of this one. There are large black hexes in there too, but I wasn't able to get any onto the nail.

Last but certainly not least is two coats of Cha Cha Twist over CND Anchor Blue. This one was the easiest to work with; all the different glitters came out easily and laid perfectly on my nails. This glitter combo is also very unique (to me at least) and I really enjoyed wearing it.


Overall, I really liked all of these colors and would definitely recommend them. However, my very top picks would be Ziggy Stardust, Cha Cha Twist, and The Jean Genie. Which ones caught your eye?

*Product(s) in this post were provided for an honest review.*

5 comments:

  1. I love Rebel Rebel, The Jean Genie and Cha Cha Twist!! ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, these glitters are blowing me away! So gorgeous! And you paired them with such perfect base colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.