Friday, July 1, 2011

Sinful Colors Open Seas

I keep surprising myself with these on-a-whim purchases... This is Sinful Colors Open Seas, which is apparently a pretty close match to OPI Mermaid's Tears. I got the mini-set of the Pirates of the Caribbean collection and passed on Mermaid's Tears because I didn't think I would like it. Long story short, I was in Rite Aid the other day and I came across a Sinful Colors display with polishes that looked strangely reminiscent of the OPI Pirates shades... so I picked up Open Seas to test it out.

Surprise... I love it! It's a beautiful color and the formula is great, two easy coats. Sea foam green is not a color that I thought I would ever like, so I'm very glad that I took the chance on this one.

Since this is also going to be my birthday mani (today, ah!), I thought I would spice it up a little bit with some Jesse's Girl Firefly. I have to admit, I bought Firefly simply because my boyfriend and I were really into the show Firefly at the time, but it turned out being another excellent purchase. It's got all these little iridescent flakes in it that look amazing over Open Seas. The second photo is a super close-up crop so you can see all that shimmery greatness. Click to enlarge and appreciate further! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.