Saturday, July 30, 2011

OPI Man of La Mancha?

This was one of the polishes that I got from my manicurist friend... unfortunately, the label had fallen off of it before it came into my possession. Karine from Nailderella suggested to me that it looked like OPI Man of La Mancha and after swatching it, it appears to be just that. The polish is a red/orange duochrome that took three coats to be as opaque as it is in my photos.


I really don't like this following camera angle, but it shows the orange duochrome very well, so it may stay. And please, please excuse the state of my nails. I didn't realize they looked this unkempt until I got the photos on my computer and by then, it was too late to do anything about it.


Overall, I'm not crazy about this. It's a pain to apply on it's own, as the formula isn't the best and it is pretty sheer. I'll have to try to layer it over something before I completely give up on it, but I wouldn't wear it on it's own again. 

5 comments:

  1. lindo color

    http://conestilodeysimari.blogspot.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/deysimari

    saludos desde Peru

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've seen this color on a blog! I saw it in Nordstrom Racked though... I like the orangey red look. You take great pictures btw, I'm totally following you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much :) I'm going to try layering it over a black polish one of these days and see how that goes, I'm hoping it'll bring out the duochrome effect more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been searching for this color forever! If you decide you don't like it still after the black layering, I'd love to buy it from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all yours if you want it! I'd say the bottle is about half full; the line looks like its right between the words "nail" and "lacquer" on the OPI bottle. Maybe we could do a swap?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.