Saturday, July 23, 2011

China Glaze DV8

Yes, I own this! This was the first polish that I went crazy for and tracked all over eBay to find. I'm pretty sure most of you are already familiar with DV8, but for those of you who are not, it was released in the China Glaze OMG collection and has since been almost impossible to find (unless you want to pay $20 for one bottle). DV8 is a turquoise holographic polish. Here it is in full sunlight:


Isn't it beautiful? Unfortunately, the formula is wretched. The first coat drags terribly and pulls chunks of polish away from the cuticles. The second coat evens things up a bit, but can still be troublesome if you don't apply carefully. However, with any other polish this beautiful, the end result justifies the application troubles. Now, even though I generally despise flash photos, I leave you with one because I feel that it shows off the holo in DV8 the best:

5 comments:

  1. OMG! This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hermoso color, china glaze es mi favorito

    http://conestilodeysimari.blogspot.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/deysimari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous nail polish and excellent photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelsea, I'm really sorry to eave this message here, I couldn't find your email address. Firstly, I just found your blog and I think it's awesome! Keep up the good work. Next, I've just started a blog of my own and I'd love it if you'd subscribe to it. The link is: http://conceptionail.blogspot.com
    I hope to see you there. And again, accept my apologies for leaving this message in your 'comments'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comments everyone!

    coachlover1000, I just wanted to let you know that I am so jealous of your nail art! I need to start being more patient and experimenting with my own. I put my e-mail address under the "Contacts" tab at the top of the page, but it's more than fine to comment instead. Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.