Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fourth of July nails!


Happy (almost) Fourth of July to all my fellow Americans! I am sooooo in love with this mani! It's so sparkly and festive and I can't wait to show it off all weekend. Please do yourself a favor and click on all these photos to see the incredible glitter in all of them.

On my fingers I used two coats of Orly Star Spangled, which is incredible; it's a jelly-ish bright red packed with red glitter that looks like it's just floating in the polish. I stamped an image that reminded me of fireworks from my new Bundle Monster plates onto my ring fingers with China Glaze Sci Fi and dabbed some glitter from Wet 'n' Wild Kaleidoscope onto the "fireworks." Also, that's not a smudge on my index finger, it's just the lighting from out on my deck that is making it look funny. :(


For my thumbs, I started out with one coat of Wet 'n' Wild Blue Moon, which happens to be one of my favorite polishes ever. It's absolute perfection, a dark blue that stays dark blue and doesn't look black. I put one coat of China Glaze Dorothy Who? over Blue Moon and then a coat of Kaleidoscope. And there you have it, my awesome glitter packed July 4th mani! I hope everyone out there has a safe and exciting holiday weekend and I leave you with a group shot of all the polishes I used for this mani:

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I attempted to do the American flag on my ring fingers and it turned out to be a disaster -_- haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!

    I love Orly Star Spangled!

    I'm a new follower! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Something Polished: I thought about doing that but I was afraid it would be terrible so I thought I'd go the fool-proof route!

    @Nailderella: Yay! Thank you very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, cute nail color, I love the raspberry, but combined with the crackle, I do not like(2 foto).
    do not forget to draw on my blog

    bye
    http://conestilodeysimari,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks deysi! I just don't think there's enough contrast between the two colors... black shatter might work better. (Or navy if I can get my hands on it!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.