Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lucky freebies!

Let me preface this post by saying that I have had, by far, more luck with nail polish-related endeavors than anything else in my life. Now on to the story...

A friend of mine owns/runs a nail salon and I hadn't seen her in a while, so I stopped by after work yesterday to catch up. As we were talking, I noticed a basket with some used polishes in it, which she informed me that she was going to throw out. I asked her if she'd mind if I took them instead and she, of course, let me have them. Here are the group shots:

The polishes in the background are Espresso Your Style and Cabana Banana. The foreground bottles are Black Tie Optional (not sure if this is the "good" version or not, I'll have to swatch it for you and see if you all can tell me), Burning Love, and a really pretty rust color with a strong duo-chrome effect that unfortunately does not have a label. Any ideas? I'll have to swatch that one too.

Here we have It's My Prague-ative! and Route Beer Float in the background. Infatuation, DS Vintage (!!!!!!) and Holiday Glow are in the foreground. Holiday Glow is a full bottle and I purchased that for $6.

I have DS Vintage on right now (I put it on as soon as I got home) and ohmygodddddddd it is amazing! That post will be coming up in the next day or two so keep an eye out! I'm glad to have some more OPIs to add to my collection. I love the brand, but they seem so expensive compared to the other brands I have.

8 comments:

  1. I try OPI, but it now!

    saludos desde Perù

    http://conestilodeysimari.blogspot.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/deysimari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Tie Optional. *Diesssssss* if it's the good version you are SO lucky! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have tried one kind of nail wraps recently, it is very good,easily apply and look fantastic. it is the right products for holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow lucky you!!!!! these polishes look amazing! can't wait for your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth, it looks less purple and more duochrome in the bottle so let's hope! Maybe I'll try and get that swatched today, I'm so curious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, the colors look beautiful in bottle, i'm wondering what does it like on nails

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.