Sunday, July 10, 2011

Essie Nice is Nice

Here's my mani from my aunt's wedding on Saturday (which was absolutely amazing)! The wedding colors were light yellow and eggplant purple, but our jewelry had different shades of purple in it, so that's why I decided on a light purple shade. I had some merchandise credit at Target, so I decided to pick up a couple Essie polishes, and Nice is Nice was one of them. 


I'm not sure what it is about the Essie formula, but I'm not sure I dig it. It's thick-ish, but it eventually does even out and dry flat. I used three coats before I was satisfied with the coverage. However, Nice is Nice is an awesome color. I applied this is my room and wasn't really crazy about it, but when I went outside to photograph it, I fell in love. It is the perfect lilac creme.


I did the flower stamps (there were wildflowers in our bouquets) with Sephora by OPI Just a Little Dangerous. You can tell from up close that I messed the stamps up slightly, but it didn't really matter overall. I absolutely LOVE this mani and I got a lot of compliments on it at the wedding, so apparently I'm not the only one who does!

4 comments:

  1. SUPER cute! By the way, I am your new follower... Check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nice is Nice but its funny you mentioned about their formula because I feel the same way! I have a couple Essie shades and for the most part they are pretty thick, which makes the application a bit tricky. They have such beautiful shades though that I just put up with it. I started following you as well- I love how you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one! It's a shame too since they are expensive. Thanks for the follow :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.