Monday, November 7, 2011

OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

Lincoln Park After Dark was my very first OPI polish. :) It's a very, very dark purple (almost black). I loved wearing this when I was in high school because it was dark enough to get attention but it wasn't as drastic as wearing black. I needed two coats, but I noticed some streaks when the sun was shining directly on my nails. Not really a big deal unless you're really obsessive about it. This first photo is in bright, direct sunlight. 


This photo is in sunlight as well, but it's more diffused than the first. You can tell how dark LPAD is in both of these photos though; the first coat shows up as a rich purple/burgundy, then the second coat is just pure darkness. After my two coats were dry, I taped off my tips and used Essie Matte About You for the awesome contrast in finish that I love so much. I don't think I'm as crazy about this color as I used to be :/ Oh well!

7 comments:

  1. This was my first OPI too!
    Got it for a birthday present, and it started an uncontrollable addiction... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to get this for a while, love dark purples/black for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah i went through a faze where i wore this all the time right b4 my son was born in 07'. I dont think i love it like i use too either! still pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I first saw this on Chloe's nails!! Such a cool look!! I have done this before!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a staple for me, I wear it all the time. Love how you did a little extra with the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yah! I dig these!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.