Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 1: Peppermint Bark

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving break, but now it's time for full-blown-holiday-season-ness! In honor of my love for this time of the year, I decided that I'm going to do a "12 Days of Christmas (and winter/general holiday) Manis" here on The Nail Network. Since I generally post on M/W/F, this will bring us right up to Christmas weekend.

The first mani I have for you is inspired by one of my favorite holiday season treats ever, peppermint bark chocolate! Ghirardelli is the best, but Dove is a close second and the packaging of the individual Dove chocolate is actually the inspiration behind this mani. See?


Anyway, on to the nails! I started out with two coats of China Glaze White on White and once that was dry, I added two coats of ChG Party Hearty. As you can see, Party Hearty is basically Christmas condensed into a tiny bottle of nail polish.


This is where my memory starts getting kind of fuzzy. I know I did at least two coats of ChG Frosty over Party Hearty, but I'm pretty sure I added another layer of PH and Frosty over all of that. I have to mention that I did have a little bit of trouble positioning the red hex glitter on my nails; it kept wanting to slide off towards the tips with the brush.


I love how you can still see all the glitter, but it's all shimmery and kind of hidden under Frosty. I am a huge fan of this. Even my boyfriend thought this was cool ;P

11 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.