Monday, October 29, 2012

Zombie Nails for Halloween!

Hello everyone! I hope all of you in the hurricane's path are staying safe and dry. My classes have already been cancelled for today and tomorrow, so we shall see what happens. I'm glad I don't have to leave the house though. Today, I have for you some zombie nails inspired by Sarah at Samarium's Swatches. I don't like mine quite as much as her's, but I'm still happy with how they turned out!


I started with a base of Essie Sand Tropez and painted/sponged with some dark purples, reds, and oranges. I covered that in two coats of a sheer pink; I wanted to use more of a nude shade, but I didn't have any. I will say that they do look much better in person rather than in these photos. They don't look quite as pink in person but I couldn't capture it properly.


I applied Esse Matte About You over the sheer pink before I started painting the blood using a dotting tool and striping brush. It took forever but I'm so happy with how it turned out. What do you think?


13 comments:

  1. I think they look really neat. I love the dead, bruised, skin look you got with the sponging! Fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the matte topcoat under the blood really sells the "dead" effect! What red did you use for the blood?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blood is Essie Skirting the Issue! Sorry I forgot to mention that!

      Delete
    2. Love it! It's so beautifully gruesome ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow, that looks amazing! I really like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! Is it weird that I find it pretty somehow? Haha! I think it's the sponged background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them hunny!! <3 They came out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.