Friday, October 26, 2012

Contrary Polish Purple Smoke & Gilded Oak Swatches/Review

Hola! I really love the polishes I have to show you today and I'm excited to share them with you all. They are both from Contrary Polish and the first is called Purple Smoke.


Purple Smoke is a gorgeous gray shade with blue and purple shimmer. This kind of shimmer is my absolutely favorite polish finish. I needed two coats for opacity.


Gilded Oak has tons of gorgeous golden shimmer packed into an almost faded-looking rust shade. Contrary Polish sure knows how to pull off shimmer!


Here is a macro of Gilded Oak. I need two coats here for full opacity as well.


Contrary Polish can be purchased at Llarowe for $11. Which is your favorite? Do you own any others that you would recommend?

*Products in this post were provided by Llarowe for swatching purposes.*

14 comments:

  1. These look really amazing up close. I especially love Gilded Oak. How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grey looks a lot like CG Immortal to me, and I really like the red))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are SO pretty! I especially like Gilded Oak...so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really impressed with this brand. So glad to see an indie not doing all glitters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purple Smoke is so pretty! It's the nicest shimmer I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree the gray does look a lot like ChG Immortal. I have not seen this brand before here - have to go looking to see where it's sold. Agree with KayJay - soooo glad to see an indie not doing just a ton of glitters - I have enough glitters to last me 4 life times and then some! I am on a total non buy glitters. I like toppers like the new collection from Cult and I like the gold foil look - hoping some indies come up with that look in rose gold and a way lower price tag - I am sure it can be fabricated without real gold and instead use Mylar that is colored.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shimmer in these polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say that ChG Immortal is a true grey. Contrary purple smoke is much more blue-toned. Like a blue-greyish color with purple shimmer in it. I think it's much more interesting and beautiful than Immortal... but that is just my opinion. Contrary has a lot of lovely shades!! The formula is fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.