Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Festive Autumn Tree/Foliage Nail Art

I know I mentioned this in Monday's post, but I was really inspired this past weekend to do some nail art. I realized when I was working on my guest post for Let Them Have Polish that I have done barely any nail art recently and it made me sad! So to remedy the lack of nail art situation, I looked at some of the recent photos that I have taken and drew inspiration from them! This mani was inspired by a photo of the fall foliage at the lake behind my house; you can see that photo at the bottom of this post.


I started out with two coats of Rescue Beauty Lounge Bella for my base and sponged the "leaves" with Rescue Beauty Lounge Santa Fe, Zoya Elisa, and Illamasqua Scarab. Once I was satisfied with the color variety for the trees, I drew the actual tree on with a thin brush and Milani Dark Coffee. I thought the design was missing something, so I sponged Shimmer Tracy on the rest of the space. I'm glad I did; the gold glitter reminds me of leaves blowing around in the wind!


Lastly, here is the photo that inspired these nails! I took it with my iPhone and added a filter to make it a bit more pink so that it would match my phone case when I used it as a background. I hope you guys enjoyed this mani; I know I did! :)

35 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing! Love the inspiration photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is amazing! I love it so much! Best mani of the week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! love that you were able to capture the photo to a T! fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohmagawsh this is so gorgeous!! Great job!! Wow the sponging around the tree is beautiful. U did an amazing job on this!! I bow to u nail art queen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I am such a sucker for anything with trees! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your photo and your interpretation is amazing! You are right about the gold glitter. It really adds to the 'scene'. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Scott woman! Your nail art is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WOW! This mani looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chelsea, this is stunning! What app did you use for that filter on that picture? It looks beautiful. Also, if that matches your phone case, I would love to see that too! (I'm on a hunt for a fabulous phone case).

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice photo! :) So beautiful! Wish I had it as background for my phone :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG IM HOME! Finally another place i can get my nail addiction fix!
    From a new reader & follower
    Sakura x
    http://sweetdaysofgirlie.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG this is such a beautiful mani.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is really beautiful. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this mani! The detail is exquisite! Overall, it's really just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! I absolutely love this manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Want this on my nails

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.