Friday, October 28, 2011

Confetti Red Carpet

This is a very indirect Halloween mani; it really has nothing to do with Halloween, but I wore it to my family's Halloween party last weekend so it counts ;). My boyfriend and I went as Allie and Noah from the movie The Notebook. I'm pretty sure she wore red nails at some point in the movie, so that's why I went with red. Red Carpet is an awesome red creme that covered perfectly in two coats, but beware of the staining! If you remove it carefully, you should be able to avoid it for the most part, but it could easily get messy.


Since one of the most memorable lines in the movie deals with birds (for those who don't know, it's "if you're a bird, I'm a bird"), I stamped some feathers with OPI Romeo & Joliet on all my nails and then added a bird with white Konad Special Polish. I hate that bird, but it was the only bird stamp I could find on all my plates. I would definitely do this mani again with just the feathers, I love how subtle they are.

EDIT: I guess some of you want to see our costumes, huh? There were actually a few people that knew who we were without us having to tell them, but everyone that we had to tell (and who had seen the movie) went "OOOH yeah!" and got it right away. I did a curly up-do like she wore in the boat scene (that's the first photo, I was so proud!) and I found my dress at Plato's Closet for $18! It was originally from Express!

6 comments:

  1. The feather stamping looks absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I have nominated you to a Liebster blog award. please check out my blog Nails by Catharina to read more.
    Take care,
    Catharina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I just love that movie-makes me cry every time-but am trying to picture what you wore that actually made people realize you were from that movie! But I am so loving the subtle reds in this mani-so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your boyfriend looks so much like Ryan Gosling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great manicure and your bf does look like Gosling! Awesomel

    ReplyDelete
  6. First I would like to say that I just love your nails and mani. (I would get rid of the bird but since it was the theme it seems appropriate), you two look so cute together (he actually looks like the main actor from the movie).
    I think I would figure it out because of his hat :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.