Monday, October 17, 2011

Claw Polish Phantom

Claw Polish is one of those brands that surfaces around Halloween and sells cute little themed polishes to rope in suckers like me. I found them at my local CVS (which is shocking since my closest CVS sucks!) and decided to pick up Phantom, the only one in the display that really stood out as being different from anything else I owned. At first, it just looks like a normal light-ish gray creme, but when you look closer, you can see all the awesome purple, blue and silver shimmer particles that make Phantom really stand out. 


This was two very patient coats. The biggest downfall of Claw Polish is that awful brush handle AKA the most awkward thing to hold and polish with EVER. But if you can get past that, the end result is totally worth it. Behold, super close macro shot!


And then, since this is a Halloween-themed polish, I did some Halloween-themed stamping inspired by Kristin at The Manicured Monkey! I used Wet 'n' Wild Black Creme to stamp the little skull and bones and added some green rhinestone eyes. Unfortunately, his one eye-hole is bigger than the other, so he looks a little lazy-eyed from certain angles. Oh well, makes him creepier, right?

16 comments:

  1. What a nice color! Very cute skull too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this polish and the glitter in it! And it looks gorgeous with this stamped skull - which stamping plate did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is so adorable! I love the color and the nail art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah-much creepier with the funny eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have seen this collection, but cannot find this color :( I love the accent finger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just picked up this color the other day! Now I want to wear it! Looks gorgeous on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome colour and I really like how you paired it with this stamp and the lovely gems... Makes for a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sabine, it's bundle monster plate BM-225!

    Thank you everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great! Love the stamping. The base color is gorgeous btw, such an interesting polish to look at. Loving the little pink and purple micro shimmer/flecks/glitter, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I LOVE that polish!! I must have it! wow. And the stamping is super cute. Great idea with the jeweled eyes..

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a gorgeous color! I haven't found any Claw Polish this year, but I def need this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you added rhinestones in the eyes! It really does make the skull pop! I might have to try that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That polish is so pretty and I love the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I love gunmetal shades and this one is not an exception

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.