Friday, October 7, 2011

China Glaze CG In The City

CG In The City is part of the fall Metro collection that China Glaze released a month or so ago. It's one of only two polishes that I bought from that collection and it certainly was a good choice. Purple has been one of my favorite colors since I was a kid, so naturally I'm thrilled that CG made such an awesome purple glitter.


I ended up doing three or four coats of CG In The City in order to get it opaque. It dried quickly and a coat of Seche Vite smoothed it out nicely. If you enlarge the image, you can see that there is not only purple glitter, but black, silver, and copper/orange too.


As always with these kind of glitters, prepare for hell when you try to remove it. The best method I have found so far it to apply a coat of top coat just before you are ready to remove and then take your cotton round/ball and press down on the nail and swipe towards the free edge. This removes the majority of the polish and you just have to clean up around the edges of the nail.

2 comments:

  1. yes! that looks like a lot of work to remove it!
    but its soo pretty that its worth it i think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often do the same to remove gritty glitter polishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.