Saturday, October 11, 2014

Long Time No See: An Explanation of Sorts and Some Autumn Nail Art to Make Amends

Well, this is awkward. Hello again, everyone! The first thing I want to do is apologize for my ridiculously long, unexplained absence. I wish I had some exciting story like I've been traveling the world and just didn't have time for blogging, but frankly, there is no good reason. Stuff just got in the way. First it was work stuff, then it was wedding stuff, then it was "oh but I really want to finish these 8,348 other crafts I have started instead" stuff and eventually, it became five months since I even posted on my own blog.

People have been asking me why I haven't been blogging and if I was quitting The Nail Network. It made me feel guilty and I always promised myself, "I'll start writing up a blog post when I get home" but I never did. I just wasn't into it for a little while there and things like this aren't worth forcing yourself to do unless you are truly enjoying it and having fun.

But today I woke up and actually felt like writing. I got out of bed and went right to the couch to start typing this out on my laptop. I haven't even eaten breakfast yet (and if you know me, you know how grouchy I get without breakfast first thing in the morning). So please accept my apology for being gone for so long without explanation. I have a lot of catching up to do (my nail room is literally overwhelming), but I'm going to work on it and hopefully get back on track with a normal schedule around here. I have a lot of reviews to do, a little bit of fall nail art to share, a wedding post to write up, and of course I need to start brainstorming for my recurring holiday nail art series!

As a little token of my appreciation for sticking around while I was gone, here is some stunningly simple nail art that you could wear all autumn long! I started with a base of OPI My Vampire's Buff and then carefully painted Essie Very Structured in a chevron pattern over the base. I finished it off with a chevron of Milani Chocolate Sprinkles. If you aren't confident if your free-handing abilities, you can use tape to create the shapes, just make sure that you let the base colors dry for a while before you try to stick the tape on.


Phew! I'm glad to have that all off my chest and out in the open. Hopefully I'll see you guys again really soon! :)

12 comments:

  1. Its great to hear and see that your back! Lovely fall manicure too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you back in the blogging world. I missed your beautiful swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, that's BEAUTIFUL! So crisp, and I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see you back! Wow! Milani chocolate sprinkles is amazing. Can't wait to see you back in the swatch game, as you are one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really glad you're back, I've missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thrilled to see you posting again! This is simple, classy and perfect for fall. Take your time, but please do come back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! Sometimes you just need a break, that way you can come back re-energized and excited.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is good to have you back! But don't apologize, we all (or at least most of us) have a life offline that gets in the way from time to time. And I love the color combination you picked, screams Fall to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sans laynay se tere yaad ati hay
    na laynay se mere jaan jati hai
    kaise kehdu sirf saans se zinda hu ....
    Kambakahat sans bhi tohteriyaad k baad aati hai satta king
    play bazaar

    play bazaar
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.