Friday, November 29, 2013

TDOCNAS: Day 1: 365 Days of Color Elf-Tastic Christmas Collection Swatches/Review & Elf Nail Art

Good morning everyone!! Today is the kickoff of my Twelve Day of Christmas nail art series (or TDOCNAS for short). This series will post on Monday/Wednesday/Friday starting today and ending on Christmas day. I couldn't think of a better way to start off the series than with a collection and some nail art inspired by one of my very favorite holiday movies, "Elf"! The Elf-Tastic Christmas collection by 365 Days of Color consists of four gorgeous shades inspired by the movie "Elf". Let's take a look!

SANTA!! OH MY GOD!! is a gorgeous warm pink holographic shade with a great formula. This is three coats.


Code of Elves is a sheer jelly gray polish with a gorgeous mix of gold, white, blue, gold, and black glitter, as well as snowflake glitter! I prefer a more opaque look, so I chose to layer two coats over Zoya Carey.


Cotton-Headed Ninnymuggins was inspired by Buddy's outfit and consists of gold, green, pink, and a random mix of other colors in a clear base. This is two coats over OPI My Vampire's Buff.


Four Main Food Groups is a fantastic mix of mainly red, green, gold, and white glitter in a clear base. This one truly reminds me of candy! This is two coats over Rescue Beauty Lounge Bella.


Since Cotton-Headed Ninnymuggins was inspired by Buddy's outfit in the movie, I decided to do some nail art inspired by his outfit and the poster for the movie. I used a base of OPI My Vampire's Buff and sponged Cotton-Headed Ninnymuggins on all but my index finger.


For Buddy's outfit, I used Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Lightning for the tights, Zoya Hunter for the outline of the jacket, Zoya Apple for the inside of the coat, China Glaze Mingle with Kringle for the belt buckle, and a black liquid eyeliner pen for the belt and shoes. The shoes didn't come out the greatest but overall I think it's adorable!


This collection is available now on 365 Days of Color's online store! ;) I'm so in love with this entire collection! Which is your favorite? Do you love "Elf" as much as I do?? Make sure to come back on Monday for day two of the Twelve Days of Christmas series!!

The products in this post were provided for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! The entire collection is amazing - and your swatches and nail art are perfect! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.