Wednesday, November 13, 2013

OPI San Francisco Collection Review/Swatches

Hey everyone! This is another collection that I'm way behind on posting, but I've been getting a lot done around here so I'm finally ready to share it. The OPI San Francisco collection should still be out and available in stores now and you should definitely be able to find it online if you are looking!

Alcatraz... Rocks is one of the three liquid sand polishes released with this collection. It's a gorgeous navy blue with golden glitter mixed throughout. This is two coats.


Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! is a royal blue texture. There's no way this one could stand up to Alcatraz... Rocks, but I do love the color blue that it is. This is two coats.


It's All San Andreas's Fault is an earthy taupe shade that dries textured, but still with a slightly glossy finish. This is two coats.


Peace & Love & OPI is a great multi-chrome polish that shifts between teal, purple, and green. This is three coats.


A-Piers to Be Tan is a caramel-tan color and had a great formula. This was perfect in two coats. I love shades like this for Thanksgiving!


Lost On Lombard is one of the many reds that this collection didn't need. This garnet shade was good in two coats.


Dining al Frisco is an absolutely stunning sky blue shimmer that had great coverage in two coats. What a beauty!


Incognito in Sausalito is a blackened navy blue shade. This is two coats.


Haven't the Foggiest is a fantastic shade of pewter. I love metallic silver shades but often find them hard to wear, so this is the perfect alternative! This is two coats.


I Knead Sour-Dough is a reddish brown with red shimmer throughout. This is two coats.


Keeping Suzi at Bay is a rich, saturated royal blue that was perfect in two coats.


Embarca-Dare Ya! is a lovely hot pink metallic shade. This is two coats.


Muir Muir on the Wall is a very pretty duochrome that shifts mostly from purple to green. This is two coats, but I think this polish would work very well layered over a black base.


First Date at the Golden Gate is a bright red-orange shade. This is two coats.


In the Cable Car-Pool Lane is a beautiful berry shade, but unfortunately is slightly sheer. This is two coats, but with the darker shade of this polish, I would have expected it to be completely opaque at two coats and it's not.


There are definitely some winners in this collection, but there are also clearly some rather boring and repetitive shades as well. I hate to say it, but I'm underwhelmed. I miss the days when OPI had exciting, innovative collections and weren't half full of red shades. Hoping for a change in 2014!

The products in this post were provided for my honest review.

4 comments:

  1. So far I only got Alcatraz Rocks from this collection, but after seeing your swatches, I think I need I Knead Sour-Dough, too. It is such an interesting and Fall-ish color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah I'm so late on posting these! I must make that a priority this weekend! Great swatches as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-Piers to Be Tan so interesting shade:) Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incognito in Sausalito, is my favorite from this collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.