Monday, September 10, 2012

Monthly Favorites: August!

I totalllllly forgot that I wanted to do a monthly favorites post, but better late than never, right? So here's a quick post about my favorite things during August.

Nail Polish:
I did these awesome leopard print nails for my boyfriend's sister's baby shower that was jungle-themed at the end of August and they totally sparked a new love of animal print. I didn't get a chance to take a good photo of them with my camera, but I have a quick Instagram shot below. I'll hopefully be re-doing them at some point so I can post about them! I also included my swatch of Darling Diva Polish's 13th Colony from her Battlestar Galactica collection because I'm so in love with it.


Hair:
I finally figured out how to do a real, true sock bun! I only got it to work really well once, but I'll take it! I'm sure it will get easier as my hair gets longer as well. I can't wait until I can do these all the time; I love the way they look!


I also got my bangs back this month! I was having issues with them and needed to grow them out a bit, but I was finally able to have them trimmed back into proper side bangs. I was unnaturally excited about this! :P


Random:
Three words: sweet potato roll. I've been obsessed with these ever since I first tried sushi during last winter and man, I really could eat one every day. SO DELICIOUS.


So those were my favorite things for the month of August! I'm hoping September's favorites post will be better and longer :) What did you love in August?

10 comments:

  1. Sweet potato rolls are definitely my favourite! I love sock buns too, they're so fun. I still struggle to get it to look nice 100% of the time but once in a blue moon it just works out. Love it, and love the nails ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leopard print nails look amazing. Very good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that twist on leopard print..it looks great'

    ReplyDelete
  4. The leopard print looks good indeed. I love the swatch too, it's so festive. I adore the bun but it doesn't like me :-). The best thing in august for me was my trip to Turkey. We had a great time there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Sweet Potato Roll! My mouth just filled up with saliva!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chelsea, quick question for you, but first I just want to let you know how very impressed I am with your blog. Great photography, good mix of mainstream & indie polishes as well as clever & beautiful polish pairings.

    Which brings me back to my question...I'm digging the 13th Colony polish you mentioned in this post, but I'm just not a fan of the color brown so I wouldn't even try the Milani Choc. Sprinkles.

    So what other suggestions for a base color would you recommend if you had to do it over again?

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane! Thank you so much! <3 I think that 13th Colony would work well over any Earth-y color, like greens or blues as well as brown. A dark green would be especially stunning I think!

      Delete
    2. Oooooh green! That would be cool. Plus I just happened to pick up Zoya's Noot the other day. Kinda a black-based green though. Thanks for the suggestion too!

      Delete
  7. I love your leopard nails! Very pretty! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bangs! Now I want bangs again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.