Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Birchbox Review: August

Hey everybody! I have a little (late) review of my August Birchbox with pictures of all the products for you today. In case you are unaware of what Birchbox is, it's a monthly subscription program that costs $10/month and gets you a box of beauty samples delivered right to your door each month.


This month's box was back-to-school themed and came with a little "lesson" pamphlet with beauty tips in it. Definitely a cute addition.


The first two samples I got were a Viva La Juicy perfume sample and Stainiac gel stain from the Balm. I don't really wear perfume so I wasn't into that, but the stain is pretty neat! You can use it on your cheeks as a blush or on your lips.


The next two samples were Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream and Eye Rock stick on eyeliner. The cream is nice but I've been using a Bare Minerals cream and I like that better. The eye liner tape looks really neat and I'm excited to try them but haven't had the chance yet. I will follow up when I do!


This last item was an extra in my box, a Schick Hydro Silk razor. This was, hands down, my favorite item. The razor is fabulous and it came with a coupon for extra heads! I will definitely be purchasing refills for this.


So there you have it, my first Birchbox! If you are interested in signing up for a monthly Birchbox subscription, you can do so here (this is a referral link). Do you have a subscription already? What do you think of it?

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if I'm the only one who didn't like the new razor that came with this. :/ I don't know why but I didn't feel it got as close as my Schick Quattro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been subscribing to Birchbox for over a year and mostly like it, although I've been disappointed a couple of times, but overall I think it's worth it. Have a great day - Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birchbox is fun for me, and despite super slow shipping (we are in Guam) I love them! I got the Eye Rock sample a few months ago. I wore them for a night out, but didn't realize til I had them on that it would be impossible to wear false lashes too! They were fun try but I think I'll stick to a steady (and patient) hand for dramatic liner so I can wear my lashes! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.