Monday, September 24, 2012

A England Gothic Beauties Collection Swatches/Review

Gooooood morning everyone and happy Monday! I'm so excited for this post that I can barely stand it! I got the A England Gothic Beauties from Llarowe to swatch for her online store and I decided to review them for you all as well. There are five shades in this collection and they are all dark, vampy, and gorgeous! I've also included macro shots of each shade after the initial swatch. Enjoy!

Jane Eyre is a stunning blackened red base with rust-colored shimmer. The shimmer is definitely not as evident is low light situations as it is in the sun or bright indoor light, but it is still there.



Lady of Shalott has the same blackened base as Jane Eyre, but it's filled with gorgeous royal blue shimmer. It appears in the macro shot to also have a bit of pink and purple shimmer to it as well. Sooooo pretty!



Dorian Gray reminds me of a brushed pewter mug that my dad bought as a souvenir the last time we went to Walt Disney World. It's base is the perfect shade of grey and it has some subtle pink and green shimmer as well.



Ophelia is a deep, dark blackened plum with royal purple shimmer throughout. I think this is definitely the darkest of the group and the hardest to capture as well. Side note: I kept giggling every time I saw the name on this one because the first thing I thought of was Ophelia crabs from Deadliest Catch! ;P



Tess D'Urberville is, hands down, my favorite from this collection. It's dark, shimmery, elegant, and edgy all at once! If you love a good green polish, you won't want to pass on this blackened green with emerald shimmer.



The formula on all of these shades was very good; I needed two coats for full opacity and had no problems controlling the polish on the brush. A England polishes retail for $12 on Llarowe and somewhere around $12 directly from A England (depending on the exchange rate at the time) but you have to wait longer for them here in the US since it's an international order! What do you think of the A England brand? Will you be buying any polishes in the Gothic Beauties collection?

*Products in this post were provided for my honest review.*

19 comments:

  1. Pure awesomeness! I've ordered the entire collection, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane Eyre is my least favorite of the collection, but its one of my favorite books. Eventually, I'll probably grab up the whole set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got Ophelia on my nails right now and I can't help being a bit disapointed. The Shimmer is a bit to hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really pretty! My favorite is Dorian Grey, unfortunately the other colors are a bit too dark to be distinguished from black in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh they are so pretty! I want them all!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ordered these straight from Adina on 9/10 and I'm still waiting! That's the problem with UK shipping! I am in love with all of these and am so excited to finally get them in my hands! Maybe today is the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This collection is amazing and your swatches look gorgeous as always! Lady of Shallot is by far my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the collection I have 3 of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need Tess D' Urberville so badly! It's not only gorgeous. But I was named after the book....so I think I can justify having another deep green in my collection :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them all. How lovely for the winter that's coming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely adore the polishes by A England. I'm just about to order Tess of the d'Urberville.

    ReplyDelete
  12. let's see, there's got to be a way to hide more polishes... right? I WANT THESE :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your manis are immaculate!!!! And I am a A England fan big-time, I got 3 out of the 5 shades, I am sure, I will wear them quite often this winter (and into spring, summer....)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I deff want to get some of these!! when are they available tho?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have the prettiest nails. And I LOVE your swatches. This entire collection is gorgeous. I wish my budget would allow me to buy a couple of them. (Or all of them. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have Lady of Shalott and Tess of the d'Urbervilles and they are AMAZING!!!! The formulas and brushes are pretty much perfect and the color saturation and deep shimmer are so unique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.