Monday, September 3, 2012

Guest Post: Tall Girl in Heels Shares a Jelly Sandwich!

Happy Monday and Labor Day everyone! I moved into a new house over the weekend and have been very busy unpacking and organizing, so unfortunately I don't have any posts of my own to share with you this week. Thankfully, I was able to wrangle up some awesome guest bloggers for you! There are be five bloggers who graciously agreed to write up guest posts for me, so I hope you will enjoy what they have to share and will check out their pages as well! Have a great week! :D

Hello readers of The Nail Network. My name is Tamala from Tall Girl In Heels. Today, I'm happy to be guest hosting for Chelsea. I want to share a pretty jelly manicure I did. I have really been in love with Jelly sandwiches, lately and thought this one would be perfect to share with The Nail Network's readers.

If you are unaware of what I'm referring to, it is when you take a Jelly polish and layer a glitter polish and sandwich it with another coat of jelly polish. The jelly polish I'm using for my sandwich is Zoya Paloma. I reviewed Paloma herePaloma is a one of Zoya's buildable jellies from the Fall 2012, The Gloss Collection. She is also my favorite of the three from this collection.


The glitter I chose to use is Spoiled Trust Fund BabyTrust Fund Baby has fuchsia, blue, black and gold glitters suspended in a clear base.

Here is the picture of two coats of Paloma with a two coats of Spoiled Trust Fund Baby.



I chose Trust Fund Baby to layer over Paloma because I thought they would compliment each other.

Trust Fund Baby layered over Paloma with no issues at all. I will say when doing a jelly sandwich make sure each layer is dry completely. You don't want to smudge the layer below  because you were rushing.

Next you will add one coat of Paloma on top. This manicure has depth, the glitter seem to look suspended in the polish as if it were one polish. I really like the look of this. The below picture shows the comparison of leaving the glitter on top and the sandwich.

Take a look:


Which look do you like best?

Here's the completed manicure:




One tip I learned while doing this manicure is to use very thin coats. You are using so many coats of polish and you want to make sure that each coat dries quickly and completely. Also, add a fast dry top coat. The manicure will be dry to touch, but not entirely dry. Just be careful and allow ample dry time and you'll be great!

What do you think you this "Jelly Sandwich" look? I hope you enjoyed this post.

 I can be found on FacebookTwitter and Pinterest. My blog is Tall Girl In Heels.

Thanks for reading,
xoxo -Tamala

20 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. I just got Paloma so I'm excited to use it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, love this!! SO gonna try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty! I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful with the jelly. Lovely color also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the jelly over it gave it a better look. This is my fave from The Zoya Gloss Collection.

      Delete
  5. Very nice! I would wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I Love the finished result. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love this one - I need to get all 3 of these Zoya jellies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.