Friday, September 7, 2012

Guest Post: The Do It Yourself Lady Shares a Riveting Funky French Mani

Hello gorgeous peoples over here on The Nail Network. I'm Lizzy, also known as The Do It Yourself Lady. Chelsea and I are members of a group on Facebook and when the opportunity to write this blog post came up, I was totally "fan-girl-ing" and jumped on the offer. The Nail Network is one of the blogs I run to when I'm looking for color accurate swatches, and I enjoy the straight-forward writing always done by Chelsea. 

The moment I committed to writing this blog post, I knew I would use one of my un-used polishes that I'd been longing to use but never a chance to use. It's China Glaze - Riveting. 

Figuring out the polish to use was the easiest thing, but deciding exactly what to do with the polish was another task. Lol... At the end of the day, I chose to do a 'non-traditional' french tip. I say Non-traditional because it's not a "white tip". 


 I began this mani by using Kleancolor - Calcium as my base coat. Then I used one coat of OPI - Care to Danse. I then made the tips with China Glaze - Riveting, without nail guides, because I knew the lines wouldn't show since I planned to apply rhinestones. If I wasn't going to use rhinestones, I would have used tape or a french tip guide to create a clean line for my french tip.


After I placed the rhinestones on my nails, I used two thick coats of my favorite topcoat. Color Club Topcoat - The ones that come with the sets that are sold at ROSS. They are super fast drying and glossy! :-)


Well, that's it for now darlings. 

I'm glad to have been able to share this mani with you all today. I really enjoy doing colored french tips, and rhinestones always add something extra to a mani.:-)

Once again, Thanks for having me on your blog Chelsea. I hope unpacking and house cleaning is going well for ya. 

Lizzy, thank you so much for the post and the kind words! I would like to send out internet hugs to all five of my guest bloggers this week. Thank you all for helping me out and sharing yourselves with my readers! Readers, I sincerely hope you enjoyed this week and get ready for regular posting again on Monday! :)

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks maRyya, And thanks again for having me Chelsea. :-)

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful French. I love those. Nice finishing with the rhinestones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo pretty! i love the jewels on the edges as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty! Such a stunning orange! ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.