Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Guest Post: Polished Cousins Reviews Cult Nails Scandalous!

Hello everyone! Anna here from Polished Cousins. I'm so excited to be doing a guest post for Chelsea today. Seriously, The Nail Network is one of my favorite blogs. If you're not familiar with our blog, there are three of us who blog together about our love for all things lacquer! And, duh, we're cousins. :)

Today I wanted to share with you one of my new favorite polishes, Scandalous from Cult Nails. Scandalous was originally offered as part of the "Divas and Drama Collection" this year. Simply put, it's a gorgeous coral jelly. It doesn't get much shinier than this! I picked up Scandalous in one of Cult Nails sales. All of the polishes regularly retail for $10 a piece plus shipping. Every now and then Maria, the genius behind Cult Nails, hosts a sale and that's when I jump in for a bargain. I got this shiny beauty for $7!


I used Essie Fill the Gap! base coat, three coats of Scandalous and my favorite HK Girl topcoat.

Pros- The color is beautiful, the finish is SHINY and I just couldn't stop staring at it for the 3 days I wore this mani. 
Cons- I had to use three coats to get full opacity and there's still a little bit of VNL (visible nail line). I love a good VNL but I know there are plenty of you who don't. Maybe layering this over a nude base would be better to protect against VNL.
Overall- This is easily one of my new favorite polishes. I'm pretty excited that it's not limited edition because I think I might go buy myself a back up bottle. I didn't expect to love this color so much!


Be sure to follow the Cult Nails blog and Facebook pages to keep up with the newest collections and sales.

And a big thank you to Chelsea for the opportunity to guest blog for you today!

Thank you so much for your post, Anna! How did you know that I am obsessed with coral?? *runs off to add Scandalous to wish list...*

4 comments:

  1. This is a really gorgeous peach! I love the finish of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely color, very soft. It fits with a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful color. Looks good against your skin tone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.