Monday, February 27, 2012

OPI Crimson Carol

Sometime within the past few weeks I suddenly got it in my mind that I needed to start going dusty hunting. For those of you who aren't totally insane polish freaks (not that there's anything wrong with that :P), dusty hunting is when you stop into a salon and look for old and/or hard to find polish. It's called dusty hunting because the bottles are so old that they are often dusty. Anyway, I apparently have quite a bit of luck with it. I've found a few polishes that I never thought I'd be able to get my hands on, like practically full bottles of both China Glaze LOL and OPI What's Dune? for a grand total of $5!


I found OPI Crimson Carol on one of my stops and knew I needed it the second I saw it in the bin. It's just stunning. Crimson Carol has a pink-ish red base and teeny tiny red and gold glitter pieces that are really dense. It applied perfectly out of the bottle even after sitting in a salon for who knows how long. Three coats is what you see here. Isn't it beautiful?!


Have you tried dusty hunting? Have you ever found anything really awesome? What was it?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous color!

    Personally, I've never tried dusty hunting before - but it seems like it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dusty hunting! I've found a couple of gems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great score this was - it's VHTF. I bought it the year it came out and managed to land a back up bottle to it before the prices really started up on this lovely! Dusty hunting does not exist around here. We have been hit so hard by the recession, most salons are gone - those that have nails have extremely high turn over. We only have 1 beauty supply store and it's 60 miles each way - they put NOTHING on sale ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a gorgeous colour and good dusty hunting - see I used that term like I almost understood what it meant ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.