Monday, February 6, 2012

Baby Shower Bee Mani!

So, this past weekend was my lovely aunt's baby shower! She is expecting a little boy and the theme for all his little baby stuff is bumblebees. Naturally, this called for a bee themed nail design as well for the shower. I am SOOO happy with how this turned out, like I talked about it all night and shoved it in my boyfriend and mom's faces when I finished kind of happy. 

I used two coats of Zoya Kristen (which is actually a bit paler than it shows in my photos; check out my Zoya Feel review for accurate color) as the base and sponged Zoya Purity randomly on each nails for a cloud effect. I used a normal black striper, China Glaze Lemon Fizz and Lighthouse for the bee body and Zoya Purity and Sally Hansen Diamonds for the wings. Unfortunately, you can't see the pretty shimmer in the wings, but it's there. Also unfortunate is the fact that I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat instead of Seche Vite on my ring and pinky nails and it smeared the black lines. :( However, macro always makes little imperfections seem huge, so it really looks fine in person. 


Please excuse the strange corners in this next photo; I wanted to crop it a certain way but the photo wasn't large enough, so now we have a weird cut. And yeah, I could have just shot the photo horizontally, but for some reason I have a really hard time posing my hand that way. I'm a little special :P

9 comments:

  1. this is super cute, Kristen is a gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this cute design and the way you made it come out. I actually also like the crazy cropping! :d

    ReplyDelete
  3. so adorable. I do own Zoya Kristen and this post just makes me want to go and paint my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it lots and lots and lots and lots and LOTS xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so talented, and I never noticed that the black streaked when you showed me.

    - The Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, I absolutely love this!!! such a cute design!!! Love the color too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.