Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Zoya Ki (My first Zoya!)

This is going to be photo overload, so consider yourselves warned. Let's start out with how Ki looks most of the time, a shimmery purple/grey. Also, before we get too far into this, I want to warn you that I am aware that my skin is like five different tones in all of these photos. Unfortunately, I had to sacrifice an accurate skin tone to give you an accurate polish color.


Here is Ki in my kitchen, under fluorescent lights (hence the reddish/yellow skin tone). See the green?? See it?! There's also a flash of medium gray in there somewhere.


Then I decided to get a little stampy. Full nail stamp with Wet 'n' Wild Black Creme. Mother says it looks like spiderwebs. Check out all the shimmer! 


And finally, to the left is the crappiest picture of them all! However, it shows the best green flash, so it may stay.

I just want to take a minute to totally rave about Zoya's formula. The clean-up was so easy and quick and the color is gorgeous. The only thing I feel that I could nit-pick about is the price. No stores in my area stock Zoya and I do feel that $7 is a bit steep for shipping, but the fact that Zoya does all these incredible promotions and give-aways more than makes up for those facts.

I used three coats for all the photos here except for the very first one, which is two coats. I like to use as few coats as possible, but it was only after the third coat that I really could see the "oil slick" effect and in particular, the green flash.

And if anyone is curious, the other polish that I got with this promo is Kym. It shouldn't be long before I have that one up here considering how amazing Ki is.

7 comments:

  1. I kept going "oooooo aaaaaah!" haha. This polish looks amazing and the stamping is legit! It looks like a new variation of the crackle effect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!!! Zoya is a really good polish. One of my favorite brands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone :) This was the first full nail stamping that I've done and actually been pleased with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this combo, I will have to give this a try for sure! Ki is sitting in my untried bin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked up Ki during Zoya's Earth Day Promo. It is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.