Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"A" for concept, "F" for execution.

Well, this was one of my first real attempts at a "tape mani."Unfortunately, I was a little too impatient with the drying polish and rushed the process too much, hence the terribly ragged black lines. However, like I said in the title, I really liked this color-combo and design, I just executed it badly.


Essence Dress For a Moment is the base color; it is actually more lilac in real life than it shows in my photo. I used Wet 'n' Wild Black Creme as the black and Color Club Revvvolution for the tips (which you all know how much I love).

So, what do you think? Do you have any tips for me?

6 comments:

  1. Its a great first attempt - you just need more practice! You should have seen some of my first tape manis - Soooooo messy! You've done really well!

    Make sure your tape is well secured down and you should be able to get a really sharp line :)

    Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I've discovered that you get a sharper line if you pull the tape off before the polish is dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pointers! I really want to try this again soon and get it right haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the design idea is AMAZING... It looks sooooo good. Your lines aren't that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it.. have you ever used striping tape instead of regular tape? It doesn't stick as much and it's cheap. Just have to have a steady hand and stay in the lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Manicured Monkey, like blue painter's tape? I'm sure my dad has some laying around that I could "borrow"... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.