Monday, August 1, 2011

OPI Route Beer Float

I really never thought I would like this color when I saw it in the bottle. Brown is not my thing. Brown clothes, shoes, make up... I just don't like it. But this is something else. I don't know if it's just the name, but Route Beer Float really does conjure up images of root beer floats in my mind, and I LOVE root beer floats. I don't even really know what to call this shade of brown, but there's a color on the Wikipedia List of Colors called chamoisee that seems to be the closest bet. I'm sure none of you have ever heard of or seen something chamoisee-colored, so here are some photos! ;) 


Route Beer Float has all these little shimmer particles in it that seem to mimic the soda bubbles in an actual float. You can see it the best on my middle finger and in the bottle of this next photo...


I think I've found myself another fall color! Yay!

6 comments:

  1. That is a funny polish name, but the color is very unique. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I didn't know this shade but it looks so pretty! love the shimmer in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shade is really pretty! It doesn't look like a lot of the other brown polishes I usually see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color, is super cute
    Greetings from Peru

    http://conestilodeysimari.blogspot.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/deysimari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I had been looking for a good swatch of this shade to see if I wanted to add it to my collection - answer is yes as I don't have a brown anything like this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.