Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January Julep Maven Box

I'm happy to report that I finally got my January Maven box after all the holiday commotion at the post office calmed down. I was SO excited for the colors in this one since they were so tropical-looking in the preview e-mail. The colors I received in my It Girl box were: Hayden, Leah, and Megan. I also received a complimentary nail therapy (which I love!) and a nail polish remover pad that I was really interested to try out. 

I used the nail polish remover pad to take off my mani before I swatched these polishes and it did work very well. It's basically a piece of red felt that has been soaked in polish remover and packaged up. The package says that you will be able to remove polish from all ten nails with one pad and that is actually a true statement. There were two downfalls to the pad though. Firstly, it smelled horrendously strong! Secondly, it left little red fuzzies on some of my nails, which to me is not really a problem because I wash my hands before I paint anyway, but this might bother some people. I would definitely pack some of these if I was traveling and wanted to save space and safely bring polish remover. 


Now on to the polishes... First up is the beautiful Leah, a gorgeous grass green shade with silver shimmer.  Leah needed two coats to be fully opaque and non-streaky. I didn't expect to like this shade of green very much, but I was really blown away when I put it on.


Megan, an aquamarine metallic polish, is next. Out of the three polishes, I was most excited for Megan when I got my preview e-mail, but I was disappointed when I actually wore it. Maybe it's because I have loads of blue polishes and it really takes something special to wow me. That's not to say that Megan isn't pretty, because it is, but it was just missing that "wow factor" for me. I had to use three coats for full opacity.


Lastly is the stunning neon peach creme that is Hayden. If you've been reading my blog since the beginning, you might recognize Hayden from an old post where it was named Amanda. Not sure what prompted the name change, but thankfully Julep kept the color the same! I love this shade so much, but I will say that it looks better on me when I have a bit of a tan. I used two coats of Hayden and I would also like to point out that, being a neon, it is a bit brighter in person than in my photo.

13 comments:

  1. Those are so beautiful! What an amazing green!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love Leah! What a great green shade. How pleased are you with the quality (application, wear etc) of the Julep polishes? I would love to try them but they don't ship internationally :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drool!! I especially love Leah and Hayden

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these colors! These bright shades are very refreshing from all of the darker shades lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sabine, I find most of the Julep polishes to have a very good formula. Most of the cremes I own from them could use only one coat and be completely opaque. The only problem I really find with them is that they tend to get thick sometimes, but that's a problem easily solved with a bit of polish thinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leah is amazing! I need to put this on my list. Thanks for the share :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *drooooools* Julep polish's look absolutely INCREDIBLE!! Awww how I wish they were available here! :(

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've debated becoming a Maven forever. The program seems really cool, I just can't decide if it's worth it or not. Leah looks AMAZING though, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's weird that they sent out different polish remover pads! Mine was white and it wasn't like felt at all. It also only removed the polish off of 2.5 of my nails. I guess they must have sent out different formulations to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Hayden and Megan! I'm a bit obsessed with peachy corals at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.