Monday, January 23, 2012

Pink Dry Brush Mani

The inspiration for this mani came from Lindsey at Neverland Nail Blog who created this gorgeous design. While mine is no where near as beautiful as hers, I am very pleased with how it turned out and how easy it was to create. If you would like to read about how it's done, Lindsey has created a helpful tutorial.


I used three coats of Julep Penelope as a base (Orly Kiss the Bride would probably be a close replacement) and when that was dry, I took a dry brush and painted swipes of Color Club Foil Me Once and Orly Dazzle. I added a pink rhinestone to my ring finger nails, but I'm not sure if it was really necessary or not. I love how this turned out!


NOTE: Some of you may be aware that I provide my referral link at the bottom of all posts that mention Julep, but I no longer feel comfortable referring people to their program due to recent events. My referral link has therefore been removed from my sidebar and all posts regarding Julep in hopes that I will no longer generate traffic (and therefore profit) to their page.

9 comments:

  1. Wow that is amazing. So so cute, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty, I love it. I saw it that it was on my preview yesterday and them could not get to the post, I'm glad is working today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this sooo much! Thanks for the link =]!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nina, that's because I accidently posted it yesterday instead of scheduling it for today :X

    Thanks everyone!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very pretty, and I'm sorry to hear you won't be including Julep in future blogs. I don't know what happened, but I imagine they were somewhat overwhelmed by and perhaps unprepared for the inundating response to all the 1 cent and $5 intro box offers that were all over the web last month. I have subscribed to the Julep Maven program, and while it's not perfect, I'm sticking around for a while because their polish colors are lovely, it wears well, and they have been very responsive to my requests. Perhaps after a time you will feel differently. I hope so. I love your blog and your lovely manicures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @GertieGal, first of all, thank you for the comment and for reading/enjoying my blog! I just wanted to let you know that I have been involved with Julep in one way or another since they started the Maven program back in August. I had my fair share of issues with them that I overlooked because of how much I liked their products. This recent issue is something totally different. I just wanted to clarify that it's not the products I have an issue with, but I will be refraining from posting about them anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.