Friday, January 20, 2012

Julep Blake & Heather

These are the two polishes that came in January's Boho Glam Maven box. Blake is a creamy, light yellow shade that needed three coats to be opaque and non-streaky. When I saw this in the bottle, I thought for sure that I would hate it. However, I ended up being really happy with it on my nails. I don't know what it is about this shade of yellow, but it works for me. 


The second color, Heather, is part of Julep's newest collection for Spring. Heather is a slightly frosty, taupe brown metallic shimmer. I used three coats here as well and wasn't as crazy about this one as I thought I would be. It's a beautiful color, but it just didn't excite me very much on the nail.


EDIT (as of 1/22): Some of you may be aware that I provide my referral link at the bottom of all posts that mention Julep, but I no longer feel comfortable referring people to their program due to recent events. My referral link has therefore been removed from my sidebar and all posts regarding Julep in hopes that I will no longer generate traffic (and therefore profit) to their page. I have one last post that uses Julep polish because I already did the mani and I love it, but after that, there will be no more posts about Julep on this blog. 

9 comments:

  1. I'm not usually one for yellows, but Blake is really lovely and looks great on you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the yellow one. I'm not a yellow-lover either, but I think that I wouldn't say no to a pretty pale yellow like this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julep have gorgeous polishes, but I think they should make bigger bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish Julep delivered to the UK. I LOVE heather it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I was the opposite about these colors. I LOVED Heather and didn't want to take her off, but was not a huge fan of Blake on my skintone. Yellow is a hard one for me to pull off though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love that yellow-its different but so pretty! For some reason I am into yellow polish right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After much drama Julep is finally starting to get it right with me (knocks on wood). I do like the colors for the most part, and they look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally boycotting Julep until they start listing to their customers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.