Monday, January 2, 2012

Zoya True and Fleck Effect Collections

As you probably saw from the press release yesterday, the True collection consists of four shimmer/metallics and two cremes. The Fleck Effect collection consists of three flakie topcoats that can be worn alone, but really look awesome when used as a layering polish over other colors. I used three thin coats of polish for the True collection swatches. The swatches with the Fleck Effect polishes each have one coat over the True colors.

The first polish in the True collection is Cho, which Zoya describes as a vanilla shimmer metallic. I'm not sure where the metallic comes in, but the shimmer is subtle and lovely. I don't know how much this shade does for my skin, but I love it anyway!


Up next is Farah, my least favorite of the bunch. I don't have a whole lot to say for this one, but it applied nicely and is a good beige-y neutral, just not for my skin tone.


Now here comes the more colorful shades in the collection, starting with Bevin. Bevin is a gorgeous sage green creme that was an unexpected favorite for me. I'm just starting to appreciate green shades on me and this is a great one to have! It looks bright under my strong lamplight, but shows more muted and dusty in weaker light.


And now for your first taste of flakies! Here is one coat of Opal, which holds green flakies in a green base, over Bevin. I. LOVE. THIS. I really wasn't sure if I was on the flakie train or not, but Zoya, you sealed my fate. The subtle side of flakies is awesome! As you can see, Opal is moderately dense on the first coat and (you'll have to take my word for it) builds up nicely with two or three.


Next up is Skylar, a lovely slate blue shade with tons of silver shimmer. I'm a sucker for blue, so this is an obvious winner for me. I really don't even know what to say other than to call it gorgeous, but I feel like I'm becoming a broken record. Better get used to it because the best is yet to come! ;)


Here I layered one coat of Maisie, which has green flakies in a blue base, over Skylar. I love this combination too; it kind of has a mermaid-y look about it. I like the angle of this photo a lot too.


Once I started swatching this collection, I knew I was going to have a hard time choosing a favorite, but as I'm looking through these photos, I know that Tru is it. Check out this photo and tell me how you could possibly not be in love with it. Tru is an absolutely stunning shade of purple with what appears to be gold and possibly pinkish shimmer. I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!


The last, but certainly not least, polish in the True collection is Lotus. I love the name and I love the color. Lotus is a light, faded purple shade with unmistakable pink shimmer throughout. You guys probably think I'm nuts for being this head over heels for something subtle like shimmer, but I'm crazy for it.


The last of the Fleck Effect polishes is Chloe, which is a pink base with gold and green flakies. I tried layering Chloe over Cho and the effect was pretty and subtle, but it was much less impressive than when I layered it over Lotus, as seen below. Love love love love love.


The formula on all of these polishes was consistent and great. I needed three thin coats of each for full opacity (except the flakies), but each coat dried very quickly and applied very smoothly. The True and Fleck Effect collections will be available for purchase on January 13th, 2012 at www.zoya.com. They retail at $8.00 a bottle. Which ones will you be getting?

Ultra long-wearing, glossy nail lacquers by Zoya are free of harmful industrial chemicals like toluene, camphor, formaldehyde, resin, dibutyl phthalate (DBP) that are known to cause cancer and birth defects.
*The product(s) in this post were sent to me for an honest review.*

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful swatches! I don't like Farah and Cho because I am not a fan of nude polish in general but the other shades look pretty. Seems like every brand jumps onto the flakie wagon this year but here I like the tinted bases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoooh, those are gorgeous! I will be forced to stamp my tiny feet if I can't get hold of these in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing on your and your swatches are fantastic! I'm really looking forward to Skylar... blues get me every time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Loving almost every one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm loving almost all of these!! Gorgeous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like all three shimmery shades and maybe the pink flakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I won't be getting the flakies-but may get the green, blue and both purples!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You swatches are amazing... Love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this collection. I don't know if it's your pics that always makes them look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.