Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wet 'n' Wild Bijou Blue

This was a fun manicure I did recently when I finally found Wet 'n' Wild's Bijou Blue. The two CVS stores near me have only a limited variety of nail polishes in stock (which sucks), but I picked it up when I went to a new Wal*Mart in the area. Bijou Blue is a shimmery ocean blue shade that is gorgeous out in the sunlight. To jazz it up a little bit, I tried a paint splatter technique by blowing nail polish out of a straw and onto the nail; it was a messy process! The colors I used for the paint splatter are China Glaze's Flip Flop Fantasy and Orly's Dazzle.


This photo was taken without flash and it represents the color more accurately, I believe. However, Flip Flop Fantasy is actually much brighter than it appears here; neons just don't photograph correctly. :(


I used the flash here to show the shimmer in Bijou Blue, isn't it beautiful? The formula on this was okay,  it was a little sheer and thin; I ended up using three coats for what you see in the photos.

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love what you did to your ring finger; very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And thanks for following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the ring finger detail! The color combo in there is amazzzing! It looks tricky though so I dont think I could ever replicate this but nonetheless I can appreciate on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that accent finger is sooo fkrn cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.