Wednesday, June 15, 2011

OPI Skull and Glossbones

For this manicure, I started with OPI Skull and Glossbones from the Pirates of the Caribbean mini set. I think I'm going to need a full size bottle though, I love it! Skull and Glossbones is a light, kind of murky/dirty looking gray; it seems much lighter than other grays I've seen recently, such as China Glaze Pelican Gray or Recycle. Anyway, despite the itty bitty little brush, the application was perfect and I only ended up using two coats for what you see below. Then came the fun part... 


Newsprint nail art! Haha... Looks awesome and is incredibly easy! All you do is cut out strips of newspaper to fit on your nail, lay it on face down and hold a cotton ball soaked with rubbing alcohol on it (like a temporary tattoo). The harder you hold the cotton ball down, the heavier the ink from the newspaper will transfer and the darker the letters will be. You can see this in the photos; the letters on my right hand came out much darker than the ones on my left (which I did first).


Then I stamped some kissy lips from the Bundle Monster plates using OPI Chick Flick Cherry on my ring fingers and thumbs. I love how this came out! I want to call it something cheesy like a "love letters mani" or something like that ;). 

7 comments:

  1. This looks great! I have to try this kind of mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really fun! One of my friends did one with comics from the paper and it turned out adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog... you are so creative... follow mine too... its about fashion!! :) xoxo

    http://claudette-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the added kisses!
    http://addictedtoopi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am most definetely going to copy this! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love soft grey polishes and from now on I love newspaper technique ;)
    Did I told you that I love your blog because your nails are beautiful and designs are always so nice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.