Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sally Hansen Gunmetal

This is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in GunmetalGunmetal is a dark grey, metallic-ish color with a bit of microshimmer. Unfortunately, since it is kind of metallic, I had a serious issue with brushstrokes showing on my nails. They aren't very noticeable from a normal viewing distance, but I know that they are there and it bothers me. I did two coats of Gunmetal, but I don't think three would have made a difference.


To spice it up a little bit, I added an accent nail with China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise. I know that it looks nothing like TUT in my photos, but I swear to you that it is. My DSLR just really hates neons. I saw a mani similar to this a few weeks ago (on Glamour Beauty, I think) and really wanted to try it. Since it hasn't really been very warm and summery lately, I decided that now was the perfect time. Turned Up Turquoise is an awesome color... perfect in two coats and dries super fast. I can't wait to throw some Black Shatter over it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post! I read and appreciate every single one of your comments.

Please do NOT post a link for your blog in your comment. If you have a blog you would like me to check out, you can send me an e-mail via the address in my Contacts page. Thank you for your understanding.